Green Style for your Sustainable Bedroom
My bedroom is a haven in my small home, and I am delighted with the welcoming space that I have created with my sustainable bedroom. Creating a stylish and sustainable home need to happen immediately. Take your time and build it up slowly over the years. Don’t rush out to buy new sustainable bed linens until you actually need them. But when you do need them, treat yourself to something beautiful (and sustainable) that will help you relax in your cosy space. My mission with this blog is to show that you can have a beautiful and sustainable home, that is welcoming and nurturing for you, without taking it’s toll on the planet. Forget about the next ‘it’ colour and interiors and craft a space that you will love to be in for decades.
It was only last year that I finally replaced the pink and purple bed linens that I bought on sale when I was a university student. They were more than 15 years old, and we still have the faded sheets on hand in case our little ones go through a bout of gastro and need several changes of bed linen! It was such a treat to carefully research and pick out some new bed linen.
If you are looking to for new bed linen, or some cosy new pyjamas, I’ve curated a selection of ethical and sustainable style options that will stand the test of time.
Please note that the links below are affiliate links, and I will receive a small commission if you click the link and choose to make a purchase (the price is the same for you). This helps to support the costs of running this blog, and the countless hours of research that go into it. I appreciate your support for my work.
Clockwise from top left:
- Bamboo Charcoal Lyocell PJs by the lovely sustainable lyocell company Ettitude. The sustainbitity of bamboo lyocell is hard to top (not to be confused with standard bamboo viscose).
- Pebble Planter ceramic, and ethically made in the US, and available from Need Supply Co.
- Soywax Candle vegan friendly and fragranced with all natural essential oils, available at Nordstrom.
- Striped Nightdress fair trade and organic cotton by ethical fashion pioneers People Tree.
- Linen Slippers available at Need Supply Co.
- Bamboo Lyocell Sheet Set by Ettitude. I am not exaggerating when I say that these are the most comfortable sheets I have ever slept on. Gorgeous and oh so sustainable.
Sleep easy with sustainable style that will stand the test of time. Buy it once and don’t think about it again for another decade. That is my motto when it comes to creating a home with style.0